Parallel Markets requires at least an email and secure password to log into our secure site. You can also choose to add another layer of security called “2-Step Verification” (also called “2-Factor Authentication” or “Multi-factor Authentication”).
2-Step Verification is an extra layer of security on top of your email and password to ensure you are the only person who can access your account. The first step in our login process is the same for everyone - providing an email and a secret password. Optionally, a second step can be enabled, which will involve providing another secret. This ensures that your account cannot be accessed only via an email/password. While some sites allow a number of options for sources for the secret second verification step, Parallel Markets currently supports one of the more secure options - what is called a software token. The value of the secret changes every 30 seconds, meaning you will need to install an app on your phone (or desktop) to provide this ever-changing secret value.
Once enabled, your new log in process would look like this:
- Go to app.parallelmarkets.com/login and enter your email and password as usual
- You’ll be presented with a new field, asking for your 2-Step Verification token
- You’ll open an app on your phone to see the current value of your secret token
- You’ll enter that value into the form and then be logged in
If you’d like to enable this second step verification, follow the steps below.
2-Step Verification Setup
The steps for setup are quick and easy, but they will require that you download and install an application on your phone.
Step 1: Install App
Note - these are the steps for initially setting up 2FA. If you're having trouble finding your code, see the Help section below. The first step is to install an authenticator app that can produce the secret 2-Step Verification token. There are a number of options out there, here are 2 options that have both iOS and Android versions:
Step 2: Enable 2-Step Verification
Go to your settings page and scroll to the section titled “2-Step Verification.” When you click the “Enable 2-Step Verification”, you’ll see a barcode image (a QR Code) that you can scan with your app that you installed in Step 1. You should then see your first 2-Step Verification token value, which you can confirm by entering it into the “Token Value” field before clicking “Enable.”
Step 3: Test Your Login
At this point, you will need your phone and app to log in from now on. You can test this by logging out, and then clicking “Log In” again. After entering your email and password, you’ll then be asked to enter the 2-Step Verification token value shown in the app on your phone.
As always, if you have any questions or issues logging in please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2-Step Verification Help
If you're having trouble finding your code, these steps can help.
- Did you set up 2-Step Verification using an application that you installed (like Authy or Google Authenticator)? If so, your code should be found in that app by searching for "Parallel".
- Did you set up 2-Step Verification on an iPhone without installing a new app? If so, it's possible your code is available on your iPhone in your password settings. Click on your "Settings" (the icon with gears), then scroll down to "Passwords." You should see Parallel Markets listed, which should then show you your rotating 2-Step Verification code.
If you're still unable to find your code, or if you're having trouble entering your code, please reach out to us at email@example.com.